Chromium is a web browser much like Google Chrome. It looks quite similar to Google Chrome along with its shortcuts and interface. However, it is not that friendly to the user owing to certain features. The primary purpose of Chromium is to stop the entry of any malicious software on the computer by informing the user. It shows all the possible alerts for the external attacks which is the best function of the Chromium.
Still, it secretly collects user information and also using tracking cookies. This browser also allows the entry of advertisements in almost every page that the user opens. This can be very irritating and time-consuming for a user. Whenever, a user clicks any of the in-text links, pop-ups, and banners, intentionally or accidentally, Chromium earns revenue from it. Also, Chromium ensures that it completely replaces Chrome from the computer of the user with its similar features. These reasons make it almost necessary to remove Chromium from your computer immediately.
For uninstalling Chromium, you will need to go to the control panel of the computer and delete all the reg-keys and files. If you face some problem during uninstall then here is how you can solve them manually?
- If you have a Mac OSX, open Finder and go to Applications. If you can find the option of Chromium Uninstaller or Uninstall Chromium then follow the instructions. You have to drag all unwanted application from the Applications Folder then move it to the Trash. The last step uses the AppCleaner to remove remaining files of the chromium from the system. It will help to free memory and get rid-off stubborn applications from your Mac system.
- For the Windows systems, it is necessary to remove Chromium from three different places control panel, browser, and particular files from the hard drive.
Removing Chromium from the Control Panel
For Windows XP, uninstall Chromium from the Add or Remove Programs section in the Control Panel. The process is the same for Windows7/Windows Vista and Windows 8/8.1. For Windows 10, go to settings and then App and Feature. Then just locate Chromium and click Uninstall.
Removing it from the Browsers
- If you have Google Chrome, open the browser and press Alt + F then click Tools. Choose the option Extension and find Chromium. Press the Trash Can icon to delete it.
- For Firefox users, open Firefox and press Shift + Ctrl + A then select Chromium. Press the Remove or Disable button.
- For Safari users, go to the menu then select Extensions. Look for any suspicious extension or WeKnow. Hit Uninstall when you find it.
- If you have Internet Explorer, then open the browser and press Alt + T. Click on Manage Add-ons, and select Toolbars and Extensions. Click on Disable Chromium then on More Information link.
- Press the Remove Button. In case it is greyed out you must take the alternative steps.
- The last step of Chromium removal is looking for certain files and removing them completely.
Editor’s Choice: Is Akamai NetSession Client Safe or Dangerous Virus
• Remove these files:
• Remove these folders
You are now completely equipped to remove the Chromium browser and switch to something more useful.