Windows 10 comes with several exciting features which are generally absent in the earlier versions of windows but along with these features you also face certain annoying issues on windows 10 although a large number of problems are solved in each update of windows 10.
However, in spite of all the updates, you will often come across a blue screen of death error which is commonly known as “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” blue screen error. This error is very irritating, but luckily there are a number of ways to counteract this issue.
Therefore in this article, we will show you three straightforward methods to fix this annoying problem that you often face while working on Windows 10.
Methods to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error
There are several methods to solve this issue, but here we will discuss only three methods which are very easy to execute. In the first solution, we will update all the faulty drivers which are causing this problem while in the second method we will check for BIOS update as this problem can often turn up if the BIOS is not properly updated. Finally, in the third method, we will use “SFC” command within the command prompt to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error. So go through this article and select the best solution.
In this method, we will show you one of the simplest ways to update the faulty driver which can often be the main cause of “0x0000007E: ” error. If there is a faulty driver, you may often see “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error followed by “igdkmd64.sys.” It is commonly related to the Intel Graphics Kernel Mode driver, which is responsible for powering Windows Operating System. So in order to locate and update the faulty driver, follow the steps given below.
- First and foremost press Windows and R key simultaneously on your keyboard to invoke the “Run” tab.
- As “Run” opens type “cmd” within “Run” and press “Enter.”
- In this step, you need to type “eventvwr” within the command prompt and hit the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- After entering the “eventvwr” within the command prompt, “Event Viewer” window will open where you need to expand “Windows Logs” option and finally click on “System.”
- Finally to find the faulty driver click on the “Source” tab. Once you click on the “Source” tab, you will be able to see the faulty driver which is mainly causing “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error.
So once you identify the faulty driver by executing the above-mentioned steps, just update it either manually or automatically to solve “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error. But still, if the problem is not solved then go for the next method which is discussed in the next segment of this article.
Editor’s Choice: How to download Odin Flash tool
Generally, the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) incompatibility, memory conflict or the IRQ (Interrupt Request) conflict often can be the main cause of the error as well. So you can try to update the BIOS in order to solve “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error.
- Firstly, go to the “motherboard manufacturer’s” website to check for the BIOS update. Note: Before moving to the “motherboard manufacturer’s” website, ensure that you know the model number of the motherboard.
- In order to check the model number of the motherboard, press Windows and R key simultaneously on your keyboard to invoke the “Run.”
- As you get access to “Run,” type “cmd” and press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Then within the command prompt, type the following command line: “wmic baseboard get the manufacturer, product.” As you enter the mentioned command line within the command prompt, you will receive the motherboard manufacturer and the model number.
- Once you find your computer’s model number and motherboard manufacturer, you need to download the appropriate BIOS update.
So this method should definitely solve “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error, but still, if you don’t prefer this method, then you must try out the last method which is the easiest among all the mentioned methods.
In this section, we will show you the easiest method to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error. Here you will be able to fix the error by just merely using a command within the command prompt. So follow the steps given below and get rid of the annoying BSOD error.
- First and foremost, press Windows and R button simultaneously on the keyboard to invoke the “Run” tab.
- Once you get access to the “Run” tab, type “cmd” with the “Run” tab to get access to the command prompt window.
- After entering the command prompt, you need to type “SFC /scannow” command within the command prompt window and press the “Enter” button to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error. Note: You need to have an administration right while using the command prompt in order to use “SFC” command and hence open the command prompt as an Administrator so that you can use SFC command that is required in this method.
- Once you press the “Enter” button, Windows will execute the command, and if there are any errors, Windows will fix it automatically. After completing the process successfully, just restart the computer.
So it is evident that this is the easiest method among the three ways which are mentioned in this article and hence this is the most preferred method to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error.
As promised at the beginning of this article, we have shown three straightforward methods to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error. Hopefully, these methods will help you to overcome the annoying BSOD error and eventually you will never face it while using Windows 10.
So go through the entire article thoroughly and finally select the most appropriate solution according to your preferences.