Everybody who wants to root their smartphones, choose their own methods to do so. But if you own a Samsung device and there is only one option available to that. The option will be to install Odin Flash tool in your PCs. It is the open-source software which is developed by the Samsung itself to give their users the privilege to use their devices the way they want.
Speaking of rooting your device, some of you may have already rooted the device but want to unroot your device. The only good way to do so is to flash stock firmware. And to flash stock firmware, we have to use Odin Flash Tool and even you take your device to the local service center. The people there also use Odin Flash Tool to flash stock firmware and charges a lot of money for that and we can use that and save our money by flashing the stock firmware by yourselves.
What is Odin Flash Tool?
Odin Flash tool is the open-source software developed by Samsung for their devices. The main purpose of this application is to flash stock firmware in your Samsung devices and to root the devices by flashing the SuperSU and Magisk SU packages with the help of Odin. This application is used by almost all the service centers around the world and they charge a lot of money for that and you can follow the steps to download it on your device and saves a lot of money.
How to Download Odin Flash Tool?
There are many versions of Odin Flash Tools available out there and in this article, I will tell you about the latest version of Odin Flash Tool, that can help you about the flashing of the stock firmware in your devices. By using this tool, you can flash your device without voiding the warranty of your device and the Knox counter of your device will not trip. You can flash the latest updates or the previous version of the firmware on the device you want to flash something.
- The latest version of Samsung USB drivers.
- It only supports Samsung Devices, therefore it will brick the other devices.
- It only supports Windows operating system and you make sure that you are using that operating software.
- While using this software, make sure that you are not using other Samsung software or it can interrupt the process.
- Make sure that you use trusted sources to download the stock firmware.
Editor’s Choice: How to fix “0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error
How to Install Odin Flash Tool on your PCs
The first step is to download the latest version of this application from the above-given link and follow the following steps in series to install this software on your device.
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the software.
- Extract the zip file, you have downloaded from the above link using any archive tool of your choice.
- Open that folder which you recently extracted from the zip file and look for “Odin3_v3.13.1.exe”.
- Click on it and the installing process will start.
- After the process, complete you will be greeted with the starting window of the Odin Flash Tool.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy device in “download mode” to your computer.
Odin only supports files with the extension like “.tar” and “.tar.md5”. So make sure that your downloaded files are with the same extensions as stated in the previous line.
Risks with using Odin
As there is no main risk associated with using this application, but the one and the only risk I found that it will completely write the system you just flashed, which means that the system you just flashed will loss all the data and that can be retrieved back by any process. So if you are ready to take that risk, You are most welcome to use this software and explore the other side of the Android devices such as rooting and flashing.
This is the guide to flash Odin Flash tool on your device and how to install it. There is a vast world of Android to explore and using Odin is just one of them and you can explore more things after doing this. Few things I have stated in this article as well and you can use your imagination to do different things. I have provided you with the basic things you need to do before doing anything. If you find this article useful, do let me know in the comments down below and you can give any suggestions in the comments as well.