There are many features and applications built into Windows in order to help you in various ways. One of which is ‘Narrator‘. It is basically a free built-in text to speech reader for the Windows 10. Narrator reads text on your PC screen aloud and describes events, such as notifications or calendar appointments so that you can use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if you’re blind or have low vision. The feature is always turned off by default but if somehow either by mistake or just out of curiosity you have turned the feature on and now have no idea as to how you should turn off windows narrator then no worries we got it all sorted for you. We have a couple of ways by which you can Disable Windows Narrator off by just simply following the steps.
Method 1- Turn off Windows Narrator Via Control Panel
- First, open the ‘Start Menu‘ and select ‘Control Panel‘.
- After which select ‘Ease of access‘ and then choose the ‘Ease of access center’. And finally, click on ‘Start Narrator’.
Method 2- Disable Narrator Through Search Bar
- In the search bar type ‘Narrator‘ and open it.
- After which a pop up will open which will look something like this.
- Select ‘Navigation‘ and then untick the checkbox named as ‘Read and interact with the screen using the mouse’ and then the narrator will be turned off.
Method 3- Using Cortana’s Assistance
In Windows 10, we have a voice assistant named as Cortana through which many work can be done using voice only. It is a very useful feature and probably the easiest one by which we can do our day to day tasks and hopefully Cortana can be used to turn off the narrator as well. All you have to do is just click on this mic and say ‘Turn off Narrator‘ and the narrator will be turned off with ease and without any problem.
Or you can simply say ‘Hey Cortana‘ followed by ‘Turn off Narrator‘ to turn off the narrator only by voice commands.
I hope that this article would have proven to be helpful and your issue would be solved. Please keep showing your support and send this article to people you think should know about this matter. If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comment box.
Thank you very much.