Many of you want to record the tutorial for your academy presentation, or you want to record your gameplay so that you can upload it on video sharing websites like YouTube. I use a screen recorder to record the tutorials and publish it on YouTube to help the people and gain massive followers.
I have used many screen recorders for Windows 10. I can suggest the best one for you so that you can record tutorials and gameplay on your computer without any issues. I will list both free and paid ones and also mentioned it so that you won’t download the wrong one.
1. OBS Screen Recorder
If you are a gamer or you want to record your screen, then you should try the OBS screen recorder for Windows 10. I have been using it for a while, and I can tell you a lot about its features, PROS, CONS, and how to use it properly.
OBS Screen Recorder Features:
- First of all, it’s freeware, and it is an open-source screen recorder for Window 10.
- It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux based operating system. Do not worry about compatibility with the older machine because it works like a charm on older machines as well.
- Coming to the recording capabilities, it can record your Windows screen, gameplay, record webcam, and record OS audio & game audio without any issues. It can even record your microphone audio without any loss in quality.
- It can record video in the highest resolution your graphics card has to offer like 1280x720P or 4K, and everything depends on your hardware.
- You can record the audio in 44Hz and 320 Kbps, which is the highest audio output.
OBS Screen Recorder for Windows 10 full form is Open Broadcaster Software.
And It comes with CONS as well.
- Open Broadcaster Software recording capabilities depend on your hardware. In case, if you are running an old machine, then you can record your Windows screen in 30FPS without any issues. But you cannot record games at all, and I have tried every setting possible, but I could not record gameplay on E2180 Dual-core, Windows 7, NVIDIA GT 430, and 2GB RAM.
- You need to a decent machine to record gameplay at [email protected] and latest processor to record games.
The most upsetting part is that it could not record the Counter-strike 1.6 gameplay on Windows 7 machine.
2. Radeon Relive Screen Recorder
I was impressed when AMD announced that they are launching Radeon Relive screen recorder for Windows and Linux users or anyone who is using AMD APU based machines. Radeon packs some serious features that worth $100 of dollars. Yes, it isn’t your basic screen recorder for Windows 10.
AMD originally designed to help the Radeon graphics users to record the gameplay and Windows screen at the highest resolution offered by the graphics chipset has to offer.
AMD Radeon Relive Recorder Features:
- It’s the free offer to the AMD Radeon graphics cards.
- You can use it to Record Windows Screen, Record Gameplay, and Record Stream as well.
- You can record the audio from 32KBPS to 320KBPS, and there is no reason for you to record in 32KBPS.
- In the video recording, you can record 30FPS and 60FPS, which is the highest supported by the video sharing sites.
- Coming to the resolution, you can record from 360P, 480P, 720P, 1080P, 2K up to 4K, but you have to make sure that your graphics card supports 4K. My AMD APU machine supports up to 2K, but it can record up to 1080P.
- You can also select the recording bitrate to ensure that video capture doesn’t consume plenty of space, but it will also impact on the video quality. And the encoding types are only AVC, and no other formats are available as of now.
- The AMD Relive offers Low, Mid, and High profiles that adjust according to your machine hardware and I recommend you to select those because it is well-optimized for your machine.
Unfortunately, relive isn’t perfect and nothing is perfect in the world anyway. But, we have to look at the CONS,
- It is only available for AMD machines that come with Radeon graphics, but it supports AMD APU machines as well, which is a good thing. Are you running Ryzen APU Vega Graphics machine? Don’t worry, Relive supports APU machines.
- It doesn’t offer more video encoding like MP4, and you are stuck with AVC.
- It’s a bit unstable on low-end machines. Yes, it is perfect on the high-end machines, but it is a bit unstable on low-end machines.
- It doesn’t have advanced options, but it will suffice for a regular gamer.
Regarding video quality, it is good, and it depends on the recording bitrate as well.
3. Bandicam Screen Recorder
I have used Bandicam to record many YouTube tutorial videos, and I have also recorded gameplay videos using Bandicam screen recorder for Windows 10. I must say that I impress with Bandicam team because they have optimized it very well. They have left OBS Studio, and AMD Relive behind and the only reason it landed in the third position because you have to pay $39 to get one year license.
Bandicam Recorder Features:
- Bandicam offers a free version that comes with limitations like you cannot record more than 10 minutes of video, and there will be a watermark in the video.
- It comes with an inbuilt basic editor that helps you to trim videos and do a few customizations.
- Bandicam interface is extremely easy to use, and anyone can learn the interface within a few minutes.
- Bandicam offers MP4 and Avi encoding with 1920x1080P recording capabilities.
- You can record audio in 192KBPS bitrate with 48Hz frequency.
- It enables you to record Windows screen for tutorials and gameplay as well.
- The main feature that I have liked about Bandicam is that it enables you to record gameplay even on a low-end machine. Yes, I was able to record Counter-strike 1.6 on E2180, 2GB RAM, and GT 430 graphics card.
- You can take screenshots, add a webcam to the gameplay, microphone, and add computer background sounds as well.
It does have disadvantages that I think you should consider.
- It doesn’t have advanced features, and I won’t mention them because the list will become big.
- The packages are expensive, and I think, they should cut the price from $39 per year for one machine to $9.99 per year for one machine.
- The free version has limitations like 10 minutes video record with watermark in it. They should have at least removed the watermark.
4. Game DVR Screen Recorder for Windows 10
The latest version of Windows 10 comes with Game DVR screen recorder for Windows 10. Microsoft launched XBOX a long time ago, and they have added XBOX to Windows 10 devices and machines.
The interesting features of XBOX Live are that it comes with an inbuilt screen recorder that enables you to record your screen and gameplay in the highest resolution as possible. You can watch the videos of RADBRAD on YouTube because he uses Game DVR feature to record the videos of his gameplay.
Game DVR Features:
- It’s free and always will be, and Microsoft is improving it.
- You can record in highest resolution supported by your AMD graphics card or NVIDIA graphics card. It also utilizes Intel dedicated chipset graphics card to record games on your Windows 10.
- You can record audio and video in the highest resolution at 30FPS and 60FPS.
- I must give applause to Microsoft because they have improved it so much that it even defeats NVIDIA Shadowplay screen record for the NVIDIA GPU users.
- You can record your Windows screen, Record stream, and Record gameplays at highest resolution supported by your machine.
Microsoft did not perfect it, and there are a few CONS that everyone should consider it.
- First of all, it doesn’t support low-end devices or machines because some Intel processors and AMD processors haven’t designed for screen recording.
- It will suffice someone who wants record gameplay and videos, but the streaming capabilities need improvements.
5. ApowerRec Screen Recorder for Windows 10
The ApowerRec started out as a free screen recorder, but they added “buy now” button to their product. ApowerRec screen recorder excellent screen recorder for Windows 10. I recommend you to download the free version, so you can test the features of the screen record because it may not support your machine, so test it.
- It isn’t a free screen recorder, but you can use it short record videos.
- You can record high-quality videos in 60 FPS at 1080P resolution. In case, if you want to use a webcam as well, then you can record gameplay along with the webcam.
- You can record audio in highest bitrate without any interruptions.
- You can take screenshots in a few clicks.
- It comes with an editor that enables you to edit the videos within the program.
- It comes with an inbuilt converter that converts your videos from any format to MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, etc.
- It supports Android device, Windows PC. iOS devices, macOSX, and Linux based devices.
It comes with a few disadvantages.
- It has become a commercial product, and they are charging a license fee to the users. But, you can use the same license key to record games on Android and iOS devices.
- It might not work smoothly on low-end computers, so keep in mind when you test it.
BONUS: Nvidia ShadowPlay Screen Recorder
Editor’s Choice: 10 Best Free Mouse Recorder for PC
Nvidia offers free GeForce Experience software to the Nvidia GPU’s users around the world. Nvidia ShadowPlay launched screen recorder for Windows 10 and older machines. But, keep in mind that it only works with the selected Nvidia new launches and a few older models of the GPU.
Nvidia ShadowPlay Features:
- It was free and built on H.264 hardware encoder on the Kepler the GPU.
- It supports GTX 650 desktop graphics card or higher.
- It supports Direct X 9, 10 and 11 GPUs.
- It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, but it works flawlessly Windows 8 and Windows 10 smoothly.
- It allows you to record in-game footage, live stream, screenshots, and record Windows screen.
- It supports many processors, 20MB space, and 2GB RAM.
It does have a few disadvantages, and I think that everyone should learn about it.
- It supports Nvidia GPU’s only, and it doesn’t support on regular Windows PC. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support much older GPU’s, and it is one of the biggest flaws.
GeForce GTX class GPUs: 1080, 1070, 1060, 1050, 1050Ti, TITAN X, 900, 700, 600, 900M, 800M, 700M, and select 600M Series,
GeForce: 700, 600, 500, and 400.
GeForce: 600M, 500M, and 400M.
GeForce: 300, 200, 100, 9, and 8.
GeForce: 300M, 200M, 100M, 9M, and 8M.
I have used many screen recorders for Windows 10 in the past, but these are the screen recorders that has lived up to my expectations. Let us know what do you think about it in the comment section below.