Are you a music producer? Then you need a beat making software that works smoothly on a Windows & Mac OS X computer. Music is something that comes from the heart, and converting your vision into a real beat requires potential programs with features. We have compiled a list of beat making software designed to help you produce music from scratch, and they come with advanced features.
- Advanced beat making software.
- A beginner can give it a shot.
- We are going to include Free & Paid Editions.
- Several programs support Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux as well.
So let’s begin.
I have used Audacity for making YouTube videos, and I have edited my voice recordings. There‘s no doubt that it offers advanced tools like increasing bass & treble, noise reduction, and many more. I have to appreciate the Audacity developers because they have maintained the easy to understand interface for a very long time.
There are thousands of articles & videos on YouTube that you can watch to improve your skills. It makes everyone life easy, and it comes with many features.
- It’s freeware because it is an open-source project.
- The tool specifically designed for audio recording.
- You can import and export audio in various formats to combine the audio files.
- It supports excellent sound formats like 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit.
- It comes with all basic audio editing tools like split, cut, add, remove, and others.
- You can add several effects like LADSPA, LV2, Audio Unit (macOS) effects, and VST effects.
- Designed for beginners.
- You can download the .zip file to use it as a portable program.
- It’s lightweight, and it does not impact your computer performance.
- It supports Windows, Mac OSX and Linux operating system.
CONS: It lacks several advanced features, but I will list another open-source program that offers advanced features.
NOTE: In case, if you get “MSVCP120.dll” error on Windows, then you can solve it by installing the Microsoft C++ package. Make sure to download & Install X64 and X86 version of C++ package.
Download Audacity | Free
Editor’s Choice: Best 5 Typing Software for PC
If you have a Mac OS X machine, then you don’t need to look for the best beat software because Apple has developed a software called “Garageband” used by millions around the world. You can find many professionals DJ’s, music directors, and popular YouTubers to produce songs, and music using it. Apple designed it, and you can except advanced features, and it is easy to use once you spend a week playing around with the options.
- First of all, it’s a paid tool, but it won’t cost you more than $6 including taxes. I must say that it is the most valuable package you can get in the market because rest of the software cost you $500+ per year license.
- You can record audio from multiple microphones.
- It comes with virtual software instruments like Piano, Guitar, Tabla, and others. They are recorded from real instruments, so you don’t have to worry about the unnatural tunes.
- It has guitar features, so you don’t have an issue adding tunes.
- MIDI editing.
- In case, if you don’t know about using the virtual instruments, then you can take inbuilt music lessons.
- Additional audio loops.
- You can access the third-party instrument and Apple Loop packages.
- It only supports Mac OS X, but you need minimum 4GB RAM, C2D processor, and OS X 10.7.5 or above.
For $6 including all taxes, this is an excellent software that you should give it a shot.
Download Garageband | $6 with taxes
Not everyone can afford the expensive DAW for your passion in music, but if you are looking for an entry-level program that fulfills basic requirements, then you should Ardour a try. Ardour is a Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X program that does not consume a lot of storage & you can run it on a low-end machine.
- You can run it on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X machines, and the minimum requirements are 2GB RAM, 1GHz processor, and it supports Intel & AMD processors.
- You can connect an additional microphone and start recording voice.
- It comes with all basic editing feature like a copy, paste, cut, align, trim, move, stretch, delete, rename, transpose, quantize, snapshot, crossfade, zoom, swing, drag, and drop.
- You can add buzzwords like mute, fader, automate, solo, dynamics, insert, EQ, send, sync, monitor, pre-fader, post-fader, and isolate.
- It comes with many plugins & accurate automation like LV2, LinuxVST, AudioUnit, FX plugins, Software instruments, MIDI processors and LADSPA formats.
It’s a freeware, and it is an open-source project so that you can make changes to the overall program.
Download Ardour | Free
4. Ableton Live
Ableton Live is a professional audio beat making software used by many music directors, producers, and studio professionals around the world. The first version released in 2001 and the market was exploded with sensation because it packs some serious features. The Ableton developers released Live 10, which is an essential update for everyone because it punches your music & helps you produce trendy music.
- It is a premium software for professionals.
- You can record multitrack up to 32-bit/192 kHz.
- You can access unlimited Instruments with Audio effects and MIDI effects.
- You can freeze the track, VST, and Audio Unit support.
- MIDI remote control instant mapping, output to hardware synths, and MIDI Clock.
- Multicore processing support for better rendering.
Download Ableton Live 10 | Starts from $100 & ends at $750
5. Image-Line FL Studio
Fruity Loops also knew as FL Studio is a popular beat & groove music maker used by many worlds re-owned music creators. But, the FL Studio recently added all features that would put them in the list of full-on DAW. Many have an impression that FL Studio is an entry-level program, but they are wrong. FL Studio 20 is a 20th-anniversary edition that comes with many advanced features & it is considered as a most important feature.
- You can record Multi-track with time-stretching and pitch shifting pristine editing.
- You don’t have to worry about the advanced effects because it comes with VST plugin support, multi-track mixer with automation control.
- You can use the inbuilt mixer to add complex productions effects to your music tracks.
- It comes with 80+ plugins, so you are not bound by the limitations and produce production level music.
- FL Studio has VST standards like 1, 2 and 3. FL Studio has worked around VST to improve & provide you 3rd party wisest plugins.
Download FL Studio | Free/limitations
There are many beats making software in the web market, but if you are looking for best Free & Paid beat making software, then you should these a try. Let us know what do you think about the list in the comment section below.