Picasa was one of the best photo editing software available in the market, but Google announced that they are going to shut it down and convert Picasa into Google Photos. The original company plan was to turn Picasa users to Google Photos, and that’s what they have done over the years.
But, Google Photos could not impress the people, and existing users started to use it as cloud storage.
But, what are the alternatives offered in this generation? We have alternatives that will replace Picasa, and they have advanced options that Picasa never experienced it.
Currently, Canva is one of the most used web application in the world because they offer free advanced photo editing features that millions of people around the world are using right now. I have used Canva several times, and I can tell you that it is one of the best tools available in the market today.
- You can create a new layout and you can select the size like 1920x1080P and even 4K resolution, and start uploading pictures to edit it.
- You can add text to the photos, images, clip arts, PNG logos, interlaced images to the photo and more.
- The Canva has a unique feature that enables you to add a background below the image, and it allows you to add layers to the picture and shades as well. All you need is a little creativity, and you can take advantage of the existing features to craft a beautiful image.
- It is a web application, so you need to have an Internet connection to start editing photos on Canva, and you can use your social media accounts to log in.
It comes with colors, transparency option, hundreds of fonts, access old photos within the editor, and more.
I am impressed with the Canva because you can make social media posts, YouTube channel art, Covers, Posters, and more. They also have free professional templates for your website and social media posts.
Subscription: Free & Paid.
The ACDSee developed by ACD system and they have created it as an organiser that is capable enough to organise your photos, pictures, and Images of any format. However, the company started to offer editing options, when the Google announced that they have shut down Picasa updates and this is one of the best alternative of picasa
The company is advertising Free version, Paid version (Pro & Ultimate.)
- It comes with chronological features. The free version with basic features like Picasa, so you can expect Picasa like features because it was targetted for it.
- You have a color matching feature that allows you to match colors with pictures so that you can add the same color as the Image.
- There are filters as well, so you can give a new look to the pictures.
- The program comes with using drawing and selection tools. You can use it to reduce red-eye and add borders.
- You can add vignettes and texts to images as well.
The company advertises the ACDSee paid version as well, so you can pay to unlock the premium features.
Subscription: Free & Paid.
Editor’s Choice: How to view and edit PSD files online Easily
PicMonkey developed for those who like to learn and implement new things in the photos. The PicMonkey created for those who want to add graphics designs and make professional looking photos. If you are ready to make a professional looking photo, then you are going to love it.
- It comes with all necessary features like edit photos, organises photos, crop, adds text, touches up, and more.
- You can make collages, grid collage, vertical collages, etc.
- You can make group layers and resize the layer. You can begin the graphic design with the pre-installed templates, and the professionals create them.
- You can also add the PNG format logos, and the PicMonkey accepts Interlaced pictures.
- In case, if you have added an effect in the previous photos, then you can add the same customised impact in the next one, and it kills the manual work.
You can also print photos, cards, canvases and more from PicMonkey directly.
Subscription: Free & Paid.
GIMP is a professional software developed for the ordinary people who want to edit the photos and add effects. You can make your photos look professional, and you can add various types of layouts, effects, touch up, picture enhancement and more to the photos. The GIMP founders have ensured that Windows, Linux, and macOSX users don’t have to spend the money on editing tools and look for alternatives for other OS and this introduce after the Picasa and this is one of the best alternatives for Picasa
- GIMP interface is straightforward to understand and turn your regular photos into professional-looking photos. However, if you don’t like the GIMP interface, then you can customise it and make it look convenient to you.
- The GIMP developers have added many file format support to the program like JPEG (JFIF), GIF, PNG, TIFF, and connection types like FTP, HTTP, and SFTP/SSH.
- It supports GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows (XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.6 and newer), Sun OpenSolaris, and FreeBSD.
You can try the built-in file manager to organize the photos and folders. And, it can detect all photos on your computer, so you coordinate without your PC.
PhotoScape offers free photo editing software to Windows and Mac OS X computer. It enables you to edit the photos, images, high-end photos using the simple tools. The developer has added the presets on the toolbar so that you can use the presets to enhance the photos immediately. PhotoScape enables you to create animated GIFs, slideshows, collages, and more. It also has features like RAW to JPG converter, colour picker, face finder, batch edit multiple photos, resize, combine and more.
- You can use the inbuilt viewer so that you can view the photos in the folders.
- The editor comes with Editor resizing, brightness, drawing pictures, color adjustment, adding text, frames, cropping, mosaic mode, backlight correction, white balance, balloons, and more.
- It comes with passport photos, print portrait shots, and carte de visites(CDV).
- You can take quick capture your screenshot in standard quality without any issues.
- You can merge multiple photos in one frame to create one final picture.
It is a free photo editing tool that is compatible with the Windows and Mac OS X.
You must have noticed that the Canva is not software like Picasa, but I think, it is a web application tool that everyone should use it for free of cost because it offers paid like features. Let us know what do you think about the list in the comment section below.